This exciting new workshop, presented by Tourism Intelligence Scotland, Cairngorm Business Partnership & Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland, is for you - if you run a tourism business or a cycling business and want to grow your business and attract more visitors!
Scotland boasts one of the most accessible and extensive networks of mountain biking routes in the world - the International Mountain Biking Association rates Scotland as a mountain biking "Global Superstar". Nearly 12 million people in the UK alone, own a mountain bike!
Mountain biking is already worth £119 million to the Scottish economy, and it's set to grow by 30% in the next 5 years. This workshop, based on the acclaimed Mountain Biking Tourism in Scotland Guide, will explain the market opportunity, allow you to hear from those who are already succeeding in the niche, and stimulate your thinking as to what this means for your business in an Innovation session.
What you will find out:
- Insights on the key visitor markets and how to make the most of this intelligence.
- Information on the new trail at Glenlivet & other local trails and centres.
- Inspiration - a local business shares its success secrets.
- Top Tips and practical steps for you to take.
- Tools & intelligence available on the DMBinS website such as photography and trails that can be downloaded by business to use in their marketing material.
- Learn more about the new Cairngorm Electronic Bike Scheme & Cycling Strategy with the new Sustrans Cycling Officer for the Cairngorms
- A 'So What?' creative session helping you to come up with innovative ideas for you to make the most of the opportunities in mountain biking tourism.
- Test the new e-learning guide developed by Borders College.
- And finally... have a go at mountain biking: short, optional taster session led by an expert.
Date & Venue: Tuesday 30th April 2013, The Lecht Ski Centre
Time: 09.30am - 1.15pm. Followed by a one-hour taster session on the new Glenlivet trails!
Price: £20 per person: Includes - Lunch, light refreshments and all equipment for taster session included (if necessary) Thanks to Basecamp Bikes!
Please note places are limited book your place today!
Image courtesy of Cycle Therapy