The course is open to anyone aged 18 or over who have:
- Completed the Technical Leader Award (there may be exceptional circumstances where you have just completed the training element)
- Completed at least ten personal rides where 20% of the ride route includes advanced terrain.
- Manage groups in advanced terrain
- Night navigation, river crossings, mountain weather and emergency management
- No height limit, except where weather conditions are exceeded, where the limit is no higher than 600m above sea level
- No remoteness limit, except where weather conditions are exceeded, where the limit is no further than 2.5km (30 mins walk) from a road or accessible landline telephone and shelter
- Cycle accessible rights of way and routes that are defined on the map and ground
- Where virtually all the route is entirely rideable
- Terrain within the leaders and groups capacities
Weather Condition that cannot be exceeded:
- Temperature less than 10°C
- Continuous or heavy precipitation
- Average windspeed of 30mph or more, or gusts of 40mph
- Visibility of 500m or less
- Logbook of your rides
- Short questionnaire before assessment
- 44 hours over four days for the training course,
- 34 hours over three days for the assessment.
Before the assessment is attended
- Completed the Technical Leader Award
- Completed the Advanced Leadership training course
- Completed a logbook of personal rides where 25 of those rides encountered advanced terrain for at least 20% of the route. These will be spread over 5 different areas.
It's easy to register for a CTC course. Make sure that you have the below information and payment method to hand, then:
• Identify your chosen course reference code from the course calendar. (if you are registering on a bespoke course, you will already have been given your course code).
• Ensure that you have read and understood our booking conditions. You will be asked to verify this on booking.
• Ring CTC's booking line on 0844 736 8451 (lo-call) and book your place.
• Note that all applications must be made by the applicant themselves. Due to the nature of the information we require, it is not possible to accept applications made by 3rd parties
Please Note: Due to the high level of competency required to complete this course courses are run infrequently. For more information and to check availability please e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.orgBack