The Level 2 Mountain Bike Coaching Award is aimed at coaches new to the mountain biking environments, as well as current mountain bike coaches who want to develop their existing knowledge and skills. The knowledge gained from this award will allow you to plan, deliver and evaluate a series of safe and effective mountain bike sessions for groups of up to 8 riders in the technical environments of MTB: XC, DH and 4X.Back
- This award gives you is the ability to deliver awards in mountain bike specific environments (see below)
- The award will also give you all the knowledge and information you need to progress riders from their first session to their first competition.
- The certificate qualifies you to independently plan, deliver and evaluate a series of mountain bike specific sessions to groups of upto 8 beginner and intermediate level children or adults.
- As well as planning, delivering and evaluating your own sessions you will also be able to deliver British Cycling Go-Ride Mountain Bike Gears 5&6 activities.
- Go-Ride Mountain Bike Gears 5&6 provide coaches with the most effective techniques and drills to develop riders from their first session to competing on national series'.Back
- Technical mountain biking terrain including Cross Country (XC), Dowhnhill (DH) and 4-Cross (4X)
- Examples include trail centre runs, the Fort William World Cup DH and 4X runs and most environments where mountain biking racing will take place.Back
- As this is a professional qualification applicants need to collect evidence of planning lessons and how to effectively evaluate their lesson.- On average this is around 6 hours of home study
Length of Course?
- The course is 2 days long
- The assessment is held on the afternoon of Day 2.Back