The Skill Instructor Urban course fits the niche for those providing skills instruction and development within contained areas such as BMX and jump tracks, or small on-site facilities.
Taking key elements from the Trail Leader Award and the higher level Skill Instructor courses, the SI Urban enables volunteers and professionals to utilise and pass on CTC's vast knowledge and application of cutting edge skill development techniques.
Retaining CTC's widely acknowledged integrated training and assessment mechanism means that the 2 day course covers all the personal and skill development, coaching techniques and principles required to complete the courseBack
- The course is open to anyone aged 18 or over who have:
- Have at least one years experience of regular riding experience in terrain similar to that of the area to be used. This should be a minimum of 50 rides or sessions. You should be competent at riding throughout the area being used.
- Have an interest in developing others riding skills and have specifically helped your peers or group members develop some level of riding skills and confidence, appropriate to the riders needs.
- We recommend that you hold a valid and appropriate first aid certificate (or obtain one shortly after your course).Back
- Skills sessions for a wide variety of volunteers and professional activity providers from informal drop in and loose collections of riders based at BMX and jump tracks in cites to activity centres enabling mountain biking within their site boundaries.
- Mountain Bike Skills Instruction using the CTC’s Skills SystemBack
Urban mountain bike trails, pocket parks and pump tracksBack
Do I have to do any paperwork?
- Logbook of your rides
- Short questionnaire before assessment
12hrs over 2 days – Training and Assessment InclusiveBack
Can I link with any programmes?
The SI Urban Award enables the fundamentals of riding skills development and teaching. You can continue to extend your knowledge, understanding and capacities through the:
• Go-mtb Awards orientation course
• Trail Leader Award to take groups further afield.
• Skill Instructor Award to extend your riding development and coaching skills.
It's easy to register for a CTC course. Make sure that you have the below information and payment method to hand, then:
• Identify your chosen course reference code from the course calendar. (if you are registering on a bespoke course, you will already have been given your course code).
• Ensure that you have read and understood our booking conditions. You will be asked to verify this on booking.
• Ring CTC's booking line on 0844 736 8451 (lo-call) and book your place.
• Note that all applications must be made by the applicant themselves. Due to the nature of the information we require, it is not possible to accept applications made by 3rd parties
If you’d like to organise a course for your local group and there are no dates on the course calendar please e-mail email@example.comBack