The CTC Trainer Award is the way for you to be able to teach and develop others skills by providing some of CTC's courses and qualifications.Back
Persons aged 18 and over who:
- Hold the Technical Leader Award.
- Have substantial previous teaching and development practice.
- Show you have a learning ethos that marries that of modern education practice (whether you know this or not at this stage!).
- Hold a 16 hour (2 day), outdoors based first aid certificate.
- Have a flexible working environment that means you can potentially work on future CTC courses at a variety of venues, and be employed (in addition to your current employment) by CTC (previously OTC).
- National Standards (Bikeability) Instructor
- Maintenance Fundamentals course
- Trailside Maintenance course
- Advanced Maintenance course
- Young Leader qualification
- Ride Supporter course
As per the course you are providing. Maintenance courses are in classrooms or workshops. The Young Leader may be on Road, Trail or Technical terrain, and the Ride Supporter and National Standards Instructor Trainer are based on road and traffic free environments.
Weather Condition that cannot be exceeded:
- Temperature less than 10°C
- Continuous or heavy precipitation
- Average windspeed of 30mph or more, or gusts of 40mph
- Visibility of 500m or less
- A single day module on modern CTC teaching practice and orientation followed by a single day orientation module in each of the course types you wish to deliver.
- The National Standards Instructor Trainer requires further experience, observation and assessment in delivering National Standard courses
Becoming a CTC Trainer starts with an assessment. If you’ve got what it takes then you’ll begin the program. Shadowing CTC Trainers and starting to run your own sessions. We are investing in you as much as you are in us. It’s a very rewarding process with lots of opportunities for Continued Personal Development (CPD)Back
As a CTC Trainer you’ll be given the opportunity to deliver a range of courses and course programs. There are lots of opportunities for CPD.Back
Modern educational practice - Evidence of teaching, assessing and learning provision over at least 20 sessions
Maintenance - Cytech Level 2 or equivalent skill and experience as demonstrated during a days assessment by CTC
Young Leader - Technical Leader Award
Ride Supporter - Technical Leader Award or National Standard Instructor and appropriate teaching experience.
National Standard (Bikeability) Instructor - National Standard Instructor and an additional evidence of teaching, assessing and learning provision with adults for an additional 20 sessions
Give Dan (Cook) a call at our Sheffield Office. He will be happy to talk you though the application process and give you all the information you need on how to become a CTC Trainer.
o Telephone: 0844 736 8463
o Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.