The Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Cycling (L1CCC) is the entry-level award into the British Cycling Coach Education Programme, aimed at people new to coaching and cycling. This qualification provides you with an introduction to the principles of safe, ethical and effective management and coaching of cycling sessions.
It is the only mountain bike coaching award available to 16 or 17 year olds.
If you are over 18 and a confident cyclist who has experience of racing mountain bikes you may wish to enter the coaching pathway on a Scottish Cycling UKCC Level 2 Coaching Cycling award.Back
- Anyone who wishes to become a cycling coach aged 16 or over
- Need to be able to ride a bike but you do not require any technical cycling skills.Back
- Non technical traffic free environments
- Examples include playing fields, school grounds and local parks
Short assessment pack requiredBack
- The course is 2 days long.
- There needs to be a gap of at least 4 weeks between the days as a consolidation period.Back
Number of courses per year in Scotland?
There is no courses planned per year but awards can be scheduled regionally but will also be subject to meeting minimum attendance numbers.Back
Contact Scottish Cycling and enquire if there are any courses being planned.
- They will also inform you of any other interest within your local area.
- You may also want to contact your local authorities Active Schools Manager or local cycle club who may be able to help you organise a course.