Ideal for those of 14 to 18 years of age, this course initiates the development of some of the skills you will need in later life, using the context of mountain biking or cycling. It helps develop riding skills as well as personal attributes such as independence, technical skills, confidence, communication, teamwork and enthusiasmBack
The course is open to anyone aged 14-18 who have
- At least three months experience of regular riding experience in at least trail terrain. This should be a minimum of 20 rides.
- An interest in cycle or mountain bike leading
You may go on to help Leaders and their groups with leading rides, setting up games and building skills in othersBack
The terrain limitations will vary according to your abilities and experience, from road, trail and technical terrain.
Weather Condition that cannot be exceeded:
- Temperature less than 10°C
- Continuous or heavy precipitation
- Average windspeed of 30mph or more, or gusts of 40mph
- Visibility of 500m or less
- Logbook of your rides
- Short questionnaire before assessment
8 hours over one dayBack
SOLD. This is the course for me. How do I sign up?
It's easy to register for a CTC course. Make sure that you have the below information and payment method to hand, then:
• Identify your chosen course reference code from the course calendar. (if you are registering on a bespoke course, you will already have been given your course code).
• Ensure that you have read and understood our booking conditions. You will be asked to verify this on booking.
• Ring CTC's booking line on 0844 736 8451 (lo-call) and book your place.
• Note that all applications must be made by the applicant themselves. Due to the nature of the information we require, it is not possible to accept applications made by 3rd parties