Architrail have been providing trail services for over a decade, delivering unsurpassed attention to detail in consultation, scoping, feasibility, design and construction. From trails around school fields to World Cup race tracks, we have extensive experience of working on all trail types for both private and public sectors.
Architrail is based on the foundation of a common love of mountain biking and cycling. Every member of the team is an experienced and passionate cyclist and we aim to infuse this enthusiasm into every project we undertake, from small scale volunteer projects, through to major cycling hub construction or region wide scoping exercises.
As a company we are committed to going about our work in an environmentally sensitive and sustainable way. We aim to create facilities that allow riders to embrace and interact with the environment in a safe and mutually beneficial way, without detriment to the local ecology. Above all, we believe that all cycling facilities should be fun and we will always push boundaries to ensure this is the case.Back
Below is a small selection, please visit our website for more of our previous projects;
• Mountain Bike trail design for the Beijing 2008 Olympic mountain bike track in China for the Beijing Olympic Organising Committee
• Mountain Bike trail design for the Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games mountain bike track at Cathkin Braes.
• Trails masterplan for the Olympic Games 2012 legacy centre on behalf of Essex County Council and the Salvation Army
• 4 Cross/XC/DH MTB trail design for UCI, building over 50 trails in 24 countries
• Ashton Court and Leigh Woods, Bristol off -road cycling centre development study for the 1SW project, Bristol City Council and the Forestry Commission
• Haldon Forest Park skills area and pump track design and build for the 1SW Project and The Forestry Commission
• Billinge Wood, Blackburn feasibility study, design and build of red graded trail for Blackburn and Darwen Borough Council
• Plymbridge Woodlands, Plymouth site assessment, consultation, detailed design, visitor management plan and planning inputs for the 1SW Project and the National Trust
• Lanhydrock estate and Cardinham Woods, Bodmin site assessment, consultation, design, and planning inputs for the 1SW Project, Forestry Commission and the National Trust
• Detailed design and build of 7km XC trail on the Blessingbourne estate in Northern Ireland for the Countryside Activities and Access Network (CAAN)
• Detailed design and site supervision of 12km XC trail on the Davagh Forest in Northern Ireland for the Countryside Activities and Access Network (CAAN)
• Detailed design and site supervision for 4 X red and black graded DH runs in Blaenau Ffestiniog, North Wales totalling 7km for Antur Stiniog
• Numerous design and build of pump tracks and dirt jump areas in a number of locations including Bristol, Weston-super-mare, Haldon Forest, Rawcliffe and Northern Ireland.
• Degrees in Geology, Geography, Outdoor Studies
• City & Guilds NPTC Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting
If you are a trailbuilder and would like your own page on DMBinS.com please visit our page 'Toolkit - Business Pages on DMBinS.com' on the 'Developing' side of our website.
DMBinS cannot gaurantee every trailbuilder in Scotland is featured on this website. Other providers may be available elsewhere.
External trailbuilders are presented on the basis of reflecting the information available to DMBinS at the time of publishing. However, DMBinS is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you decide to visit any linked site you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses or other destructive elements.
DMBinS does not produce, maintain, update or monitor links long-term
DMBinS cannot change the content on external sites
External sites can be changed without our knowledge or agreement.
The inclusion of this provider and link to their website and social media is not a DMBinS endorsement of this providers website, its services or products, or the site's owners.Back