SCOTTISH CYCLING HAS LAUNCHED APPLICATIONS FOR THE RACE DOWNHILL TRAINING SESSIONS FOR 2018
Now entering its’ third season, the programme will, once again, offer three blocks of two days of development spread over the Easter, Summer and Autumn school holidays.
The sessions will be coached by Elite Rider, Ben Cathro, Scottish Cycling National Coach, Paul Newnham, and HSBC Go-Ride Youth Development Coach, Ian Sikora.
With a similar format to last year, the sessions will take place in Dunkeld, Fort William and around Aviemore. This will give a good mix of terrain, trails and also provide an opportunity to take riders into the classroom to go through theory on what it takes to be successful as an elite level rider
To be considered you must be:
- Have competed in the SDA and intend on competing in 2018
- Be a second year Juvenile or Youth male rider, or, Youth/Junior female
- Have the motivation to be the best rider that you can be
- Available to attend the training sessions during school holidays: Easter, Summer and Autumn
- Complete and submit the online application form by 11th March
SC are also on the lookout for suitably skilled and qualified coaches to help out at these sessions and perhaps undertake some development towards taking a group. If you know of anyone please get in touch with: