This is an exciting new workshop, presented by Developing Mountain Biking in Scotland (DMBinS), Outdoor Fife, Fife Council and Fife Tourism Partnership is for either tourism businesses or cycling businesses who want to grow their business, attract more visitors and promote the fantastic off-road biking in Fife.
Scotland boasts one of the most accessible and extensive networks of mountain biking routes in the world - the International Mountain Biking Association rates Scotland as a mountain biking "Global Superstar". Nearly 12 million people in the UK alone, own a mountain bike!
Mountain biking is already worth £119 million to the Scottish economy, and it's set to grow by 30% in the next 5 years. This workshop, based on the acclaimed Mountain Biking Tourism in Scotland Guide, will explain the market opportunity, allow you to hear from those who are already succeeding in this niche market, and stimulate your thinking as to what this means for your business in an Innovation session.
What you will find out:
- Insights on the key visitor markets and how to make the most of this intelligence.
- Information & pick up your copies of the new route cards being developed for Fife (to be launched in Easter)
- How these route cards link with the other great route cards in Highland Perthshire, Dundee and Angus - creating an improved visitor experience.
- Inspiration - a local business shares its success secrets.
- Learn more about how the Fife Tourism Partnership and Outdoor Fife can help your business.
- Top tips on integrating mountain biking and off-road cycling into your business including practical steps for accommodation providers, cafes and bike centred businesses.
- Tools & intelligence available on the DMBinS website such as photography and trails that can be downloaded by business to use in their marketing material.
- A 'So What?' creative session helping you to come up with innovative ideas for you to make the most of the opportunities in mountain biking tourism.
- And finally... have a go at mountain biking: short, optional taster session led by an expert.
Dates & Venues:
Tuesday 25th February 2014, Balbirnie House Hotel, Glenrothes, Fife - Book online now!
Time: 09.30am - 1.00pm. Followed by an (optional) one-hour taster session on the trails!
Price: £20 per person Includes - Lunch, light refreshments, car parking and all equipment for taster session included (if necessary)
DISCOUNT PRICE: £15pp if your business is a member of Fife Tourism Partnership and/or Outdoor Fife. Online please enter promotional code outdoorfife for the discount to apply.
Please note places are limited - book your place today!
Image courtesy of Collective Training