Must possess a valid Trail Cycle Leader Award
Have to completed over 20 mountain bike trips in the last 12 months - 10 routes of over 6 hours in length and routes of high technical difficulty., 3 rides in remote terrain and 12 rides acting as a leader or assistant group leader.Back
Lead groups of up to 8 riders into mountain bike environments.
Led rides can be planned of your own creation within the area you are allowed to deliver within.Back
Public highways, way marked routes, rights of way on which cycles are permitted, identifiable routes and tracks with obvious navigational features which are rideable for 90-95% of their total length.
To any height above sea level and more than 30 minutes walk from the nearest shelter with communication.
The award covers normal summer conditions.Back
Logbook of 20 rides
Short questionnaire before assessmentBack
2 Days Training & 1 Day AssessmentBack
As you are already registered on the scheme there is no registration fee.
Cost varies depending on tutor but averages:
- Training course = £150
- Assessment = £75
After an additional 1 day orientation you can deliver all of Go Mountain Bike - Levels 1-5Back
Find a course or contact a tutor direct (He/she may have other courses running!)
- Book onto your chosen course
- Make sure your membership of Scottish Cycling/British Cycling hasn't lapsed.
- After your training you will need to consolidate your training - ensure your logbook is kept up to date.
- Book onto an assessment or contact a tutor.
- Congratulations (hopefully!) You are now a qualified Mountain Bike Leader - you are now eligible to work towards becoming a Tutor. If you are interested please contact Scottish Cycling.Back